AGK loves our northern neighbors and enjoys working with them to find their next golden! To help ensure a successful blind adoption, applicants are interviewed, references are checked, and a home visit is conducted in which all members of the family are required to be present. New England adoptions do take extra time, so patience is a must.
IF YOU ARE AT ALL HESITANT TO COMPLETE A BLIND ADOPTION, OR IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ADOPT QUICKLY, WE RECOMMEND YOU APPLY TO A LOCAL AND/OR REGIONAL RESCUE GROUP OR VISIT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER.
TRANSPORT FEES OF $200 ARE IN ADDITION TO THE ADOPTION FEE AND ARE PAID BY THE ADOPTER.
The Approval Process
1. An Application Coordinator will be assigned to you once we receive your application and application fee. They will be your main contact through the application and adoption process.
2. Veterinary reference checks performed.
3. Phone interview(s) conducted.
4. Home visit performed by an area rescue group.
Dog Placement Process
1. Once your application is approved, the Dog Placement Team will begin working to find the best match for you , and most importantly, the dog. Please understand that the dog you’re are interested in may be a.) adopted before you are approved, or b.) not the right fit.
2. When a potential match is found, the dog’s foster will contact you to conduct another interview. At that time you will also have the opportunity to ask specific questions about the dog.
3. If the foster, Dog Placement Team, and you think it’s a good match, the adoption process begins.
1. AGK will make a reservation for transport using either Pooches on the Move or P.E.T.S. LLC for the first available weekend.
2. The Application Coordinator will email the Adoption Contract to you to complete and return to AGK. Adoption and transport fees must be paid before the dog is transported. The transport fee is an additional $200 dollars and includes the transport, health certificate exam, and the health certificate. The fees may either be paid on-line or by check.
3. The week of the transport the dog will receive an exam and health certificate required for transport.
4. Transports pick up in Knoxville on most Friday afternoons and arrive in New England the following day at various times. AGK will contact the applicant when the dog is safely on board transport.
5. Adopters must arrive at the pick-up location with a leash, ID tag with their contact information, and a photo ID.
We are here to guide you every step of the way. Your assigned Application Coordinator will answer your questions and explain the process in detail during the phone interview and throughout our time working with you. We look forward to receiving your application and working with you to find your next golden!